In 2015, thousands of people attended the Annual Diplomatic Fair on 31 October at the Union Buildings in Pretoria.
Hosted by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO), in partnership with the City of Tshwane, the Diplomatic Fair is an annual event through which DIRCO aims, among other things, to provide the public with information about countries accredited to South Africa and afford government, business, the diplomatic community and other sectors the opportunity to learn and network.
During a prize-giving ceremony at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research International Convention Centre, awards were presented to the:
- Most Informative Stall: China
- Most Appetising Stall: Angola
- Most Interactive Stall: Colombia
- Most Entertaining Stall: Botswana
- Most Creative Stall: Jordan
- Most Authentic Stall – the Mayor’s Award: Cllr Kgosientso Ramokgopa: Jamaica.
- Most Authentic Stall – Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane Award: Eritrea.