| High Court Judgement concerning the Appeal against the Decision to exonerate former Ambassador Mashabane from charges of Sexual Harassment
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 1050
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO 23 OF 29 JUNE 2007
Mr L B Labuschagne (DA) to ask the Minister of Foreign Affairs:
(1) What was the judgment of the High Court concerning the appeal against her decision to exonerate former Ambassador Mashabane from charges of sexual harassment;
(2) whether the judgment confirmed the investigating board’s decision; if so,
(3) whether the former Ambassador is to be dismissed with effect from the date of his original guilty finding; if so,
(4) whether any salary which was received between his conviction and the final court decision is being repaid, if not, why not;
(5) whether any state funds are being written off in this regard; if so, (a) why and (b) what are the amounts? N2205E
(1) and (2) The High Court’s records are available for consultation.
(3), (4) and (5) As Ambassador Mashabane is now deceased it is recommended that this matter best be considered closed.