Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane met Foreign Ministers of Egypt, Sri Lanka and Palestine on the Margins of NAM. Sharm El Sheik, Egypt
Cairo– International Relations and Co-operation Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, on Monday 13 July 2009, held bilateral meetings on the fringes of the Non Aligned Movement (NAM) Ministerial Meeting in Sharm El Sheik, with the
- Egyptian Foreign Affairs Minister, HE Ahmed Gheit, Current Chair of the Non Aligned Movement.
- Sri Lankan Foreign Affairs Minister, HE Rohitha Bogollagama.
- Palestinian Foreign Affairs Minister, HE Dr Riad Malki
The XV NAM Summit convenes under the theme “International Solidarity for Peace and Development” and is expected to focus on the following areas:
- International solidarity for peace and development.
- International financial crisis and its impact on the Members of the Movement, means to deal with the financial crisis.
Minister Nkoana-Mashabane also participated in the meeting of NAM Committee on Palestine. In addition the preparatory Ministerial Meeting considered the recommendations regarding the preparations for the Summit regarding the following: Agenda, Election of the Bureau, Organization of Work and the consideration and adoption of the Outcome Documents.
Issued by Nomfanelo Kota on 082 459 3787.
Department of International Relations and Cooperation
Private Bag X152
14 July 2009