Status on the Investigative Mission in Zimbabwe by the Democratic Alliance (DA)
FOR ORAL REPLY
QUESTION: NO 12
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO 8 OF 11 AUGUST 2009
Mr KS Mubu (DA) to ask the Minister of International Relations and Co-operation:
(1) whether she has been informed of the contents of the report compiled by the Democratic Alliance (DA) investigative mission into Zimbabwe; if so,
(2) whether the findings of the report require further investigation; if not, why not; if so,
(3) whether she intends sending a mission to investigate the findings of the DA investigative report; if not, why not; if so;
(4) whether she will provide a report on the findings to Parliament; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details.
(1) Yes. The contents of the DA report have been noted.
(2) No, my department is aware that there are challenges that currently face the Inclusive Government. The Inclusive Government is in the process of dealing with the issues that are mentioned in the report since they have to do with the full implementation of the GPA which the Zimbabwe leadership signed for.
(3) No, Zimbabwe is a sovereign state with a legitimate Inclusive Government and thus South Africa will not send a team to investigate the findings of the report.