FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 163
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO 3 OF 19 JUNE 2009
Dr P W A Mulder (FF Plus) to ask the Minister of International Relations and Co-operation:
(1) Whether the government of Zimbabwe has approached her department regarding the decision by Zimbabwe to change their monetary unit to the rand; if so, (a) when and (b) what is her department’s position in this regard; if not;
(2) whether she has been informed of the decision by the government of Zimbabwe; if so;
(3) whether her department will be entering into talks with the government of Zimbabwe regarding this matter; if not, why not; if so, when?
(1) No. My Department has not been approached by Zimbabwe regarding their decision to use the Rand.
(2) No. No official request has been received.
(3) No, National Treasury is the responsible Department and it shall deal with the Government of Zimbabwe in this regard should a formal request be made.