Status on whether Minister, her deputy minister, any specified officials and any other persons have been issued with a government or official credit card.
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 1873
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO: 24 OF 23 OCTOBER 2009
Mr K S Mubu (DA) to ask the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation:
- Whether (a) she, (b) her deputy ministers, (c) any specified officials and (d) any other persons have been issued with a government or official credit card; if so, what are the relevant details for her, her deputy ministers and each holder of a credit card in respect of the (i) name, (ii) job title, (iii) credit limit, (iv) outstanding amount as at the latest specified date for which information is available, (v) monthly expenses incurred for each month since receiving the credit card, (vi) reason for such persons being issued with a credit card and (vii) uses that such a credit card is intended for;
- Whether any such credit cards are over their credit limit; if so, (a) whose credit cards are over the limit and (b) what is the reason for the credit cards exceeding the limit;
- Whether any action has been taken against such persons for exceeding their credit card
limits; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
- Yes, credit cards are issued to the Honourable Minister Ms Maite Nkoana Mashabane and to the Honourable Deputy Ministers Ms Susan C Van Der Merwe and Mr Ebrahim I Ebrahim as well as the Director-General, Dr. Ayanda Ntsaluba.
The Minister, Deputy Ministers and the Director General each have a limit of R10 000.00 for official entertainment.
As at the last statement, there are no outstanding balances owing on each of the credit card.
Only the Director General had incurred the following expenditures:
- May 2009 R 556.80
- June 2009 R 4,426.19
- July 2009 R 9,568.85
- August 2009 R 1,180.00
- September 2009 R 380.00
- None were over the limit.
- Not applicable based on 2 above.