Status on the final cost of the Department's new accommodation.
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 1984
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO: 26 OF 02 NOVEMBER 2009
The new headquarters of the Department of International Relations and Cooperation is reported to have cost the taxpayer more than R8 billion. Can the Minister please tell the house:
- What was the final cost of the Department’s new accommodation:
- Whether any Government officials have declared an interest in the companies that provided services to build and refurbishment the offices:
- Whether any investigation has revealed evidence of any government official having an undisclosed interest in any of these companies or having been paid any sum of money in relation to the building and furbishment of the office, and
- If yes, to any of the above, what steps have been taken in this regard, and if none, why not?
- The total cost of the building amounts to R1.4 billion
- No official from the Department of International Relations and Cooperation declared any interest in the companies that provided the services.
- The Department conducted its own investigation which has not revealed any undisclosed interest by any official in any of these companies.
- Not applicable.