Disciplinary Action against an Employee of the Department of International Relations and Cooperation who is suspended pending the Outcome of an Investigation of the alleged Misconduct
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 1955.
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO: 17 OF 26 JULY 2010
Mr KS Mubu (DA) to ask the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation:
(1) Whether any disciplinary action has been taken against a certain person (name furnished); if not, why not; if so,
(2) whether he has been suspended pending the outcome of an investigation; if not, why not; if so,
(3) whether any investigation into his alleged misconduct has been launched; if not, why not; if so, what (a) were the findings, (b) were the recommendations and (c) action has been taken by her department?
(1) Yes. Disciplinary action against Mr Singapi has been initiated.
(2) Mr Singapi was suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
(3) An investigation was conducted into the alleged misconduct, (a) There was an altercation between Ms De Jong and Mr. Signapi and that Ms De Jong was injured in the process, (b) It was recommended that Mr Singapi should be charged with misconduct, (c) Mr. Singapi has been charged with misconduct.