President Zuma to receive President Francois Hollande of the Republic of France
10 October 2013
President Jacob Zuma will on Monday, 14 October 2013, host President François Hollande of the Republic France on a State Visit to South Africa.
We wish to invite all media as follows:
Monday, 14 October 2013.
PART ONE: UNION BUILDINGS.
- 07:30 Members of the Media arrive at the Union Buildings
- 08:00 President François Hollande arrives at the Union Buildings and is welcomed by President Zuma (Photo opportunity).
- 09:00 Welcome Ceremony
- 09:25 – 09:30 Official Photo Opportunity
- 09:35 – 09:50 Tête-à-tête between President Jacob Zuma and President François Hollande
- 10:00 – 11:00 Official Talks
- 11:10 Press Conference
- 11:35 President François Hollande and delegation visit Freedom Park
PART TWO: FREEDOM PARK
- 11:15 Members of the Media arrive at the Freedom Park.
- 11:40 President Zuma arrives at Freedom Park.
- 11:45 President Hollande arrives at Freedom Park.
- 12:00 – 12:50 Wreath Laying Ceremony and guided tour of Freedom Park.
- 12:55 President Hollande and Mrs Trierweiler depart Freedom Park
PART THREE: SANDTON CONVENTION CENTRE
- 14:30 Members of the Media arrive at the Sandton Convention Centre.
- 15:00 – 16:00 South Africa-France Business Forum
- Programme Director announces the arrival of President Zuma and President Hollande
- Welcome remarks by the Programme Director
- Remarks by BUSA and BBC Representatives
- French Minister of Trade introduces President Hollande
- Remarks by President Hollande
- Minister Davies introduces President Zuma
- Remarks by President Zuma
PART FOUR: SEFAKO MAKGATHO PRESIDENTIAL GUESTHOUSE
- 18:30 Members of the Media arrive at Sefako Makgatho Presidential Guesthouse
- 19:30 State Banquet in Honour of His Excellency President Francois Hollande of the Republic of France
Media in attendance during the Toast Remarks
Members of the media are invited to submit the following details for accreditation before 20h00 on Friday, 11 October 2013: Full names, ID/Passport numbers, media house and contact details. These should be sent to Professor Ndawonde at firstname.lastname@example.org / 073 597 9534 or Curtis Singo at Singoc@dirco.gov.za / 072 625 7060.
Enquiries: Bongani Majola on 0823391993 or Zanele Mngadi on 082 330 1148
Issued by: The Presidency