Summit of the Troika of the Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation, 9 March 2013, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa
- Summit of the Troika of the Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation was held in Pretoria, Republic of South Africa on 9 March 2013 to consider the political and security situation in the region, in particular the developments in the Republic of Zimbabwe.
- Summit was attended by the following Heads of State and Government:
|(i) HE Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete
||President of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Chairperson of the Organ on Politics, Defence and Security Cooperation;
|(ii) HE Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma
||President of the Republic of South Africa and the SADC Facilitator of the Zimbabwe Political Dialogue;
|(iii) Hon. Hage Geingob
||Prime Minister of the Republic of Namibia;
|(iv) Hon. Filipe Jacinto Nyusi
||Minister of Defence of the Republic of Mozambique and the Representative of the Chairperson of SADC.
- Summit was also attended by Dr. Augusto Tomaz Salomão, the Executive Secretary of SADC.
- Summit received a report from HE Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa and the SADC Facilitator of the Zimbabwe Political Dialogue.
- Summit endorsed the report of the SADC Facilitator of the Zimbabwe Political Dialogue and its recommendations
- Summit commended H.E. Jacob Zuma, President of the Republic of South Africa and SADC Facilitator of the Zimbabwe Political Dialogue for his efforts towards full implementation of GPA.
- Summit commended and congratulated the parties to the Global Political Agreement for completing the constitutional making process which created conditions for holding a referendum scheduled for 16 March 2013.
- Summit urged the Zimbabwe citizens to participate in the referendum in order to pave the way for the holding peaceful and credible elections in Zimbabwe.
- Summit called on the parties to the GPA to continue to work together towards creating a conducive environment for the forthcoming elections in the country.
- Summit noted that SADC Election Observer Mission will be launched in Zimbabwe on 10 March 2013.
- Troika of the Organ will remain seized with the political developments in Zimbabwe.
- Summit expressed gratitude to the people and the Government of the Republic of South Africa for the warm hospitality and facilities availed for the smooth running of the meeting.
PRETORIA, REPUBLIC SOUTH AFRICA
9 MARCH 2013