Funds received by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation for the Expanded Public Works Programme in the 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13 Financial Years
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 3139 (NW3697E)
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO: 38-2013 OF 15 NOVEMBER 2013
MR T D LEE (DA) TO ASK THE MINISTER OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND COOPERATION:
(1) Whether her department received any funds for the Expanded Public Works Programme in the (a) 2010-11, (b) 2011-12 and (c) 2012-13 financial years;
(2) whether any of these funds were earmarked for (a) capital or (b) infrastructure related projects; if so, (i) what are the names of these projects, (ii) where are these projects situated, (iii) what is the value of each project and (iv) how many jobs have been created by each project
(3) In each case, what process was followed to appoint project (a) implementers and (b) consultants;
(4) in each case, were funds transferred to project implementers (a) in a lump sum or (b) through progress payment;
(5) whether any projects have been impeded due to maladministration or corruption; if so, (a) which projects have been affected and (b) what action has been taken in each case?
DIRCO has not received any funds for the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) in the period in question.