Details of all flowers purchased by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation for each year as from 1 April 2009 up to the latest specified date
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO: 336 (417E)
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO: 2-2014 OF 27 JUNE 2014
Ms S V Kalyan (DA) to ask the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation:
(1) What are the details of all flowers purchased by her department for each year between 1 April 2009 up to the latest specified date for which information is available;
(2) what are the details of (a)(i) the address and (ii) the name of the office where the specified flowers were displayed, (b) for whose benefit were the flowers purchased and (c) what was the purchase value of the flowers for each office where it was displayed;
(3) In respect of flowers purchased for individuals, (a) what is the (i) name and (ii) relationship of the person to (aa) her and (bb) the Ministry and (b) what is the cost of each purchase;
(4) what are the details of any (a) contractual arrangements and (b) plans to purchase flowers in the future? NW417E
(1) Flowers are provided as token of compassion to people and/or employees in cases of, amongst other things, hospitalization. Since purchasing of flowers is done on such instances, it’s not possible to say when bereavement or hospitalization will affect people or staff; therefore there are no plans to purchase flowers in future, except to enact relevant policy when the need arises.
(2) Since purchasing of flowers is done on the basis of such instances, it’s not possible to say when bereavement or hospitalization will affect people or staff; therefore there are no plans to purchase flowers in future, except to enact relevant policy when the need arises. Normal procurement process is followed when purchasing flowers.
(3) (a) (i) (ii) Various service providers were utilized in line with the procurement regulations. (iii) refer to 1 (above).
(4) No contractual arrangements are in place with any service providers.