22 April 2015
PRESIDENT CONVENES IMC ON MIGRATION
President Jacob Zuma yesterday, 21 April 2015, convened the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Migration and gave them marching orders on what they need to do to promote orderly and efficient migration as well as peaceful co-existence between citizens and non-South Africans.
The IMC is tasked with ensuring that all aspects of migration are handled efficiently, including the social, economic and security aspects.
The IMC will also in the main address the concerns raised by South Africans with regards to migration, while also taking care of the wellbeing of all immigrants in the country from all continents.
The President has expanded the membership of the IMC by including the Departments of Small Business Development, Trade and Industry and Human Settlements. He has also appointed the Minister of Police as deputy chairperson of the IMC.
The full membership of the IMC is now as follows:
- Minister in The Presidency: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation as Chairperson
- Minister of Police, Deputy Chairperson
- Minister of Home Affairs
- Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
- Minister of International Relations and Cooperation
- Minister of Defence and Military Veterans
- Minister of Social Development
- Minister of Health
- Minister of Basic Education
- Minister of State Security
- Minister of Justice and Correctional Services
- Minister of Small Business Development
- Minister of Trade and Industry
- Minister of Human Settlements.
Enquiries: Ms Phumla Williams on 083 501 0139
Issued by the Presidency
Email Disclaimer: http://www.thepresidency.gov.za/pebble.asp?relid=97