Official Visits from the People’s Republic of China to the Department of International Relations and Cooperation in the 2014-2015 financial year
FOR ORAL REPLY
QUESTION NO: 3 (NO4091E)
PUBLISHED IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO: 15-2015 OF 28 OCTOBER 2015
MR D. AMERICA (DA) TO ASK THE MINISTER OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND COOPERATION:
(1) Whether her department received any official visits from the People’s Republic of China in the 2014-2015 financial year; if so, in respect of each specified visit,
(2) What are the names of the persons who visited the country
(3) What was the purpose of the visit
(4) When did the visit begin and end
(5) What was the total cost and breakdown of each such visit; if not, why not?
(2) Mr ZHANG Ming, Vice Foreign Minister of the People’s Republic of China led the following delegation:
- Mr ZHOU Pingjian; Deputy Director-General Department of African Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Mr XIA Xiaoxi; Deputy Director, Department of African Affairs, MFA
- Mr Ren Luyan; Attaché, Depart of African Affairs, MFA
- Ms YUAN Mu; Chinese-English Interpreter, Department of Translation and Interpretation, MFA
(3) Mr Zhang was the co-chair of the 7th China- South Africa Strategic Dialogue. During his visit Vice Minister Zhang also attended the 10th Senior Officials Meeting of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation.
(4) The visit began on 8 December 2014 and ended on 9 December 2014.
(5) The total cost of the visit was R44, 621. 00. The cost breakdown is as follows, Accommodation R25, 304.00 and Transport R19, 317.00