Beijing Declaration on Building a Closer Community of Destiny between China and Africa, 5 September 2018
Beijing Declaration on Building a Closer Community of China and Africa's Destiny
1.1 We, the heads of state, heads of government, heads of delegations and chairmen of the African Union Commission of the People's Republic of China and 53 African countries, held the Beijing Summit of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum in China from September 3 to 4, 2018. Focusing on the theme of "win-win cooperation and building a closer community of fate between China and Africa", we are committed to promoting the establishment of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum, deepening China-Africa comprehensive strategic partnership, and adopting the "Building Closer Community of China-Africa Destiny" by consensus. Beijing Declaration.
1.2 Since the Johannesburg Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation, the Republic of the Gambia, the Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe and Burkina Faso have become new members of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum.
2. The world today is undergoing a period of great development, great change and great adjustment. Peace and development are still our common core tasks. The countries of the world are increasingly interconnected and dependent. Only by working together can we effectively deal with terrorism, conflicts, the gap between the rich and the poor. Global challenges such as poverty, climate change, land degradation, food security, major communicable diseases, and protectionism.
3.1 Recalling and fully affirming that the leaders of China and Africa have mentioned the concept of “community of human destiny” and “community of China and Africa” on bilateral and multilateral occasions in recent years, and jointly advocated the concerted efforts of all countries in the world to build a community of human destiny and build lasting peace and universality. Safe, common prosperity, open and inclusive, clean and beautiful world, build a new type of international relations of mutual respect, fairness, justice, cooperation and win-win, and safeguard and promote world peace and development.
3.2 We agree that China and Africa have always been a community of destiny. China is the largest developing country and Africa is the continent with the largest concentration of developing countries. Based on common historical encounters, development tasks and political demands, the Chinese and African people have a deep friendship with the same breath and common destiny. A concerted commitment to strengthen collective dialogue, enhance traditional friendship, deepen pragmatic cooperation, and work together to build a closer community of fate between China and Africa.
4.1 We appreciate the “One Belt, One Road” initiative to follow the principle of joint construction and sharing, follow market rules and international rules, adhere to openness and transparency, seek mutual benefit and win-win results, create inclusive, reasonable prices, broad benefits, conform to national conditions and local laws and regulations. The infrastructure is committed to achieving high quality, sustainable and common development. The “Belt and Road” construction conforms to the trend of the times and benefits the people of all countries.
4.2 Africa is a historical and natural extension of the “Belt and Road” and an important participant. China-Africa joint construction of the “Belt and Road” will provide more resources and means for African development, expand a broader market and space, and provide more diversified development prospects. We unanimously agreed to closely link the “Belt and Road” with the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the AU's “2063 Agenda” and African countries' development strategies, and strengthen policy communication, facility connectivity, smooth trade, financial access, and people's shared efforts. The “One Belt, One Road” capacity cooperation will strengthen the planning cooperation between the two sides in the field of infrastructure and industrial development in Africa, and inject new impetus into the win-win and common development of China-Africa cooperation.
4.3 African countries support China in 2019 to hold the second “One Belt, One Road” international cooperation summit forum. China welcomes African countries to actively participate in relevant activities.
5.1 We unanimously highly praised the role of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum in promoting the development of China-Africa relations in the past 18 years. The follow-up actions of the China-Africa “Top Ten Cooperation Plan” and the China-Africa Cooperation Forum-Johannesburg Action Plan (2016-2018) proposed by the Johannesburg Summit in 2015 reached fruitful results.
5.2 We agree that the forum mechanism is increasingly efficient and leads international cooperation with Africa. It is agreed to maintain the existing mechanism of the forum, maintain its characteristics and advantages, and better promote the development of China-Africa relations and China-Africa cooperation in the new era. I agreed to use the forum as the main platform for the construction of the “Belt and Road” between China and Africa.
6. China is willing to continue to uphold the true pro-honest concept and correct view of justice and interests put forward by President Xi Jinping and strengthen unity and cooperation with African countries. We are committed to working together to make good use of our respective strengths, to take care of each other's concerns, and to continuously build and enrich China-Africa comprehensive strategic partnership for the benefit of the Chinese and African people.
7.1 China appreciates the process of African integration and pledged to continue to support Africa's efforts to seek unity and self-improvement, accelerate integration, maintain peace and stability, and achieve faster economic growth. It is noted that the AU Summit in recent years has achieved encouraging results in the above aspects.
7.2 We welcome China's continued cooperation with the AU and its affiliated institutions, African regional economic organizations, etc., and support the AU Commission to play a constructive role in promoting cross-regional cooperation between China and Africa. China welcomes the establishment of the AU representative office in Beijing, supports the AU reform, and enhances the AU's capacity building and work efficiency.
8. We unanimously agree to continue to firmly support each other in safeguarding the country’s territorial integrity, sovereignty, security and development interests. The non-members of the forum promised to continue to firmly adhere to the one-China principle, support China's reunification, and support China's peaceful settlement of territorial and maritime disputes through friendly consultations and negotiations with relevant countries. The Chinese side reiterated its willingness to develop friendly and cooperative relations with all African countries on the basis of the one-China principle and share China's development opportunities. It reaffirmed its firm adherence to the principle of non-interference in internal affairs and supported African countries to independently explore a development path suited to their national conditions.
9. China promises to strengthen the development strategy with African countries, strengthen exchanges of experience in governing the country, share poverty reduction development, especially economic and social development in rural areas, and experience in gender equality, women and youth empowerment, support African countries in achieving development and revitalization, and support Africa. Implementation of the 2063 Agenda and its first decade of planning to achieve self-sustainable development.
10. We appreciate the remarkable achievements of China-Africa cooperation in the field of anti-corruption and the positive results of relevant cooperation. We are determined to continue to adopt a "zero tolerance" attitude towards corruption and continuously improve the anti-corruption cooperation system and mechanism. We welcome Africa to launch the "Anti-Corruption Theme Year" and hope to use this as an opportunity to deepen South-South cooperation, strengthen exchange of experience, and jointly fight corruption and promote integrity.
11. We positively evaluate the five cooperative development concepts of common development, intensive development, green development, safe development and open development reached by the two sides on strengthening mutually beneficial cooperation under the new situation. We have fully affirmed the fruitful results of China-Africa economic and trade cooperation and spoke highly of the remarkable achievements in cooperation in China-Africa trade, investment and financing, and infrastructure. It is agreed that economic and trade cooperation has always been the "ballast stone" and "propeller" for the development of China-Africa relations. China is willing to continue to uphold the principle of mutual benefit and win-win, to support Africa's cultivation of endogenous growth capacity independent of raw material exports as an entry point, enhance the production capacity of Africa's secondary and tertiary industries, promote the transformation and upgrading of China-Africa economic and trade cooperation, and provide no additional support for African development. Various types of help and support for political conditions. The non-party reiterated that it should adhere to the path of sustainable, diversified and coordinated social and economic development to ensure a win-win outcome.
12. We call on the international community to help each other in the same boat, promote trade through investment and promote economic globalization in a more open, inclusive, inclusive, balanced and win-win direction. Facing the current grim situation, firmly advocate multilateralism, oppose all forms of unilateralism and protectionism, and support the multilateral trade system with the World Trade Organization as the core, rule-based, transparent, non-discriminatory, open and inclusive, and promote construction. An open and inclusive world economy. We will promote the normal operation of the WTO dispute settlement mechanism, continue to implement the results of previous ministerial conferences, and resolve to strengthen cooperation within the "G77 plus China" mechanism, and use relevant actions to jointly safeguard the multilateral trading system and support global development.
13.1 Non-Party Leaders Welcome Chinese President Xi Jinping to announce a series of new major measures for China's further opening up at the opening ceremony of the Boao Forum for Asia 2018 Annual Meeting, and appreciate China's specific and targeted efforts in capacity building and other aspects. Efforts are made to believe that the above measures and efforts will benefit all countries in the world, including non-party, and provide important opportunities and impetus for China's development as an open world economy. The non-party leaders welcomed China's holding of the first China International Import Expo in Shanghai in November 2018 and are willing to participate actively.
13.2 China appreciates the important achievements of the African Free Trade Area Construction Special Summit held in Kigali, Rwanda in March 2018, welcomes the launch of a single air transport market in Africa, welcomes the decision to support the free movement of people and goods, and supports Africa. The construction of the trade zone and the single air transport market will achieve results as soon as possible. China is committed to cooperating with non-Parties in strengthening trade and investment facilitation and strengthening policy sharing, information exchange and capacity building. China supports African countries to strengthen interconnection and construction, support Africa's infrastructure development and industrialization, and is willing to encourage both companies to actively explore various forms of mutually beneficial cooperation based on market rules.
13.3 The non-party appreciates China's support for African railway construction, especially the support of the AU's "2063 Agenda" related goals. The African side welcomes China to become a strategic partner for African railway development. It welcomes China to increase investment in African tourism and expand China-Africa aviation cooperation.
14. We welcome the G20 Support for the Industrialization of Africa and the Least Developed Countries and urge developed countries to meet their ODA commitments to developing countries, especially African countries, on time and in full, providing funding, technology and capacity building. More support to ensure the full implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
15. We call on all countries to respect the diversity of civilizations. Emphasizing that humanities exchanges and cooperation are of great significance to the Chinese people's understanding, friendship and cooperation, and encourage deepening exchanges, mutual learning and cooperation in the fields of culture, education, science and technology, sports, health, tourism, media organizations, local governments, etc., and continue to consolidate Non-relational social foundation of public opinion.
16.1 We emphasize adhering to a common, integrated, cooperative and sustainable security concept, insisting on dialogue to resolve disputes, negotiating differences through consultation, coordinating responses to traditional and non-traditional security threats, and opposing any form, any form, happening at any place and for any reason. The resulting terrorism.
16.2 China firmly supports the efforts of regional organizations such as African countries and the African Union to resolve African issues in an African way. It supports the African standing army, the crisis response to rapid reaction force building, and supports the countries in the region to take active measures to deal with the terrorist threat. China supports the United Nations in providing predictable and sustainable financial support for African independent peace operations, and supports the non-party to achieve the "Africa that eliminates gunfire" by 2020. China is willing to continue to constructively participate in the mediation and mediation of hot issues in Africa according to the needs of the African side. We unanimously welcome China-Africa strengthening communication and coordination in relevant affairs at the UN Security Council level, and through close consultations and consultations between China and the UN Security Council non-permanent council, we will closely cooperate in non-peace and security affairs and safeguard common interests. We welcome the cooperation between China and the AU Peace Security Council under the mechanisms of meetings and consultations to safeguard common interests.
16.3 We note that the current problem of difficult migration in Africa is outstanding. The AU, African subregional organizations and African countries are committed to promoting this issue within the AU's 2063 Agenda and related frameworks. Central Africa will explore ways to strengthen cooperation in the areas of humanitarian response, early warning, climate change, drought and desertification, disaster management and response.
17. We emphasize the maintenance of the purposes and principles of the UN Charter and support the UN's active role in international affairs. Advocate mutual respect and equal consultation, resolutely abandon the Cold War mentality and power politics, and take a new road of dialogue between countries and countries that do not confront and cooperate without confrontation. Adhere to the global governance concept of building and sharing, advocate multilateralism, advocate the democratization of international relations, adhere to the country's equality of size, strength, poverty, wealth, equality, and opposition to interference in other countries' internal affairs, and oppose the abuse of force in international affairs. Armed forces threatened. Reiterate that we will continue to deepen mutual understanding and support and strengthen coordination and cooperation on the United Nations and other occasions.
18. We advocate the necessary reforms of the United Nations, including the Security Council, to better fulfil the responsibilities entrusted to it by the UN Charter and enhance the UN's ability to respond to global threats and challenges and strengthen global governance. It stressed that the historical injustice suffered by African countries should be corrected, and the representativeness of African countries in the UN Security Council and other institutions should be given priority to jointly promote the reform of the international governance system in a direction that is beneficial to the common interests of developing countries. China is willing to strengthen communication and coordination with the non-permanent members of the Security Council in Africa and jointly safeguard the interests of China and Africa as well as developing countries. We also advocate reforms in international financial institutions, including the Bretton Woods institutions.
19.1 We call for the implementation of the Paris Agreement Regulations at the 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in 2018. We reaffirm our unwavering commitment to addressing climate change in accordance with the Marrakesh Declaration of Action on Climate and Sustainable Development adopted at the 22nd Conference of the Parties. We decided to adhere to environmental friendliness, cooperate in tackling climate change, protect marine biodiversity, strengthen marine scientific research, develop a blue economy, build a global ecosystem of green development, protect the homeland on which humans depend, and develop for small island states. Create better conditions. We call on developed countries to implement their commitments as soon as possible, and support African countries in tackling climate change and protecting the environment in terms of capital, technology transfer, and capacity building.
19.2 China appreciates the non-party efforts in wildlife conservation, takes note of the challenges that are not facing, and works with non-Parties to combat illegal trade in wildlife and provide necessary support.
20. We congratulate the Republic of South Africa on successfully hosting the tenth meeting of the BRICS leaders and continuing the “BRIC+” Leaders Dialogue, which is composed of the “BRIC+” cooperation initiative and the BRICS leaders and the African peripheral dialogue. The leaders of various countries positively evaluated the outcome documents and related measures adopted by the meeting, and believed that the fruitful results of the meeting helped to lay a solid foundation for the second "Golden Decade" of BRICS cooperation, so that countries can strengthen cooperation and jointly from the fourth industrial revolution. Widely benefited.
21. We appreciate the tireless efforts and excellent work of the ministers who participated in the seventh ministerial meeting of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum. In accordance with the spirit of this Declaration, the China-Africa Cooperation Forum-Beijing Action Plan (2019-2021) was adopted, and China and Africa will work closely to ensure timely and comprehensive implementation of the action plan.
22.1 We thank the President of the People's Republic of China Xi Jinping and the President of the Republic of South Africa, Cyril Ramafosa, for co-chairing the Beijing Summit of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum in 2018.
22.2 We thank the Republic of South Africa for its contribution to the development of the Forum and the development of China-Africa relations during the 2012-2018 co-chairmanship of the Forum.
23. We are grateful to the government and people of the People's Republic of China for their warm reception and convenience during the Beijing Summit of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum in 2018.
24. We welcome the Republic of Senegal to take over as co-chair of the Forum and decide that the eighth ministerial meeting of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation will be held in the Republic of Senegal in 2021.