29 July 2022
DIRCO to host a Symposium on South Africa’s National Interest Framework Document and its advancement in a Global Environment
The Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO), led by its Minister, Dr Naledi Pandor, will host a Symposium on South Africa’s National Interest Framework Document and its Advancement in a Global Environment on Monday, 01 August 2022, in Pretoria.
It will be for the first time that the Framework Document on South Africa’s National Interest is made public.
Its objectives are to:
- Propose a definition of South Africa’s National Interest and its elements
- Propose the means for the pursuit of South Africa’s National Interest
- Propose guidelines for the practical application of South Africa’s National Interest in an international environment
- Reflect on the current and potential future global environment
- Provide predictability in South Africa’s international relations.
Minister Pandor will deliver the keynote address.
The discussants are, Dr Simthembile Mbethe from the University of Pretoria, Prof. Siphamandla Zondi and Prof. Mcebisi Ndletyana both from the University of Johannesburg and Mr Priyal Singh from the Institute for Security Studies.
Deputy Minister Alvin Botes will provide the closing remarks.
Media are invited as follows:
Date: Monday, 01 August 2022
Time: 08h30 for 09h00
Venue: OR Tambo Building, 460 Soutpansberg Road, Rietondale, Pretoria
Enquiries: Mr Clayson Monyela, Spokesperson for DIRCO, 082 884 5974
ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND COOPERATION
OR Tambo Building
460 Soutpansberg Road