Employment Opportunities in the Department of International Relations and Cooperation
The Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) will be implementing an Internship Programme as a contribution towards Skills Development and awarding unemployed graduates with an opportunity to gain experience in various skills areas. Linefunction Internship Programme (International Relations Field) will be provided for and advertised separately.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (REF: 14167/01)
Duration of Programme: 12 (twelve) months
Number of Interns to participate in the programme: 35 (thirty five)
Stipend: R4 800-00 per month
Compulsory Requirements for Applicants:
- At least 18 (eighteen) to 35 (thirty five) years old
- A Bachelor’s degree, Honour’s degree or National diploma in any of the following disciplines:
- Web Design and Information Management
- Graphic Design
- Communication Science
- New Media and Publishing
- Purchasing Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Archives and Records Management
- Human Resources Management
- Public Management/Administration
- Management Services
Ms Sarah Mkhwebane, tel. (012) 351 1632
The Department of International Relations and Cooperation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 13 JUNE 2014
For details on how to apply for this programme and other relevant information, please visit the Department’s website: www.dirco.gov.za
- The Department of International Relations and Cooperation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Interns will be placed within the Department of International Relations and Cooperation at Head Office in Pretoria.
- Candidates should have their own transport and accommodation.
- The successful candidates must be willing to sign an oath of secrecy with the Department.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection, interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- All appointments are subject to the verification of qualifications, citizenship, reference checks and security vetting.
- Applications should be made on Z83 obtainable from any Government Department and it must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and ID document.
- Please forward your application, clearly marked Internship on the envelope for the attention of Ms Mkhwebane / Mr Phahlamohlaka to: The Department of International Relations and Cooperation, Private Bag X152, Pretoria, 0001 or alternatively hand-deliver to OR Tambo Building, Soutpansberg Road, Rietondale.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
- In case an applicant has foreign qualification, the evaluation certificate from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) will be expected to accompany his /her application.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered. No late applications will be considered / accepted.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only, should you not be contacted within three (3) weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Please note that successful interns will be expected to sign an Internship Contract / Agreement with the Department.
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will not be considered.