Employment Opportunities in the Department of International Relations and Cooperation
DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND COOPERATION
The Department of International Relations and Cooperation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com. Hand-delivered applications can be submitted to the OR Tambo Building, 460 Soutpansberg Road, Pretoria. Please quote the reference number or post name in the subject line of the e-mail in order to receive an acknowledgement.
For other relevant information and how to apply, please visit the Department’s website (www.dirco.gov.za) – home page under Employment Information.
CLOSING DATE: 9 July 2021 - Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
NOTES: Applications must be submitted on the new form Z83 (effective from 1 January 2021) (duly completed and hand signed) obtainable from any Public Service department or on the DIRCO website - www.dirco.gov.za. Applications should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications and Identity Document. Received applications using the incorrect Z83 for employment will not be considered. All appointments will be subject to a process of security clearance, reference checking and qualification verification. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
A pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants. The course is available at the NSG under the name: Certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the link below: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the Selection Panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. The successful candidate will have to complete a Financial Disclosure form annually, and also be required to undergo a security clearance.
We thank all applicants for their interest. DIRCO reserves the right not to make appointments. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within four (4) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
BRANCH: FACILITIES & ASSETS MANAGEMENT
CHIEF DIRECTORATE: PROPERTIES AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
DIRECTOR: STATE-OWNED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
R1 057 326 per annum (Level 13), (Total salary package). This all-inclusive remuneration package consists of a basic salary, the State’s contribution to the Government Employees Pension Fund and a flexible portion that may be structured in terms of the applicable rules. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance contract.
Applicants must be in possession an NQF level 6 or equivalent qualification in the Construction Industry profession, i.e. architecture, engineering, quantity surveying, construction project management or related fields.
At least six (6) to ten (10) years relevant experience on middle management level.
- In depth knowledge of building profession and project management of construction and renovation projects as well as property maintenance, acquisitions and disposals;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant public service wide legislation;
- Understanding of intergovernmental relations and co-operative governance;
- Analytical Thinking and problem solving;
- Project and programme management;
- Sound Financial Management;
- Planning and organizing
- Time Management;
- People Management and empowerment;
- Strategic Leadership and management;
- Policy analysis and Development;
- Stakeholder relations and management;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work as a team and independently;
- Sense of urgency
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing all construction and renovation projects in accordance with project management principles and ensure 100% spending of the DIRCO capital budget;
- Oversee small works (less than R10 million per project) and maintenance of all state owned properties;
- Develop and implement a strategy for the methodical acquisition of properties abroad;
- Purchase and dispose of facilities;
- Develop, implement and monitor property management policy, programmes and prescripts for all state owned properties under the custodian of the Department;
- Provide training on property related matters;
- Management of the Directorate
Mr J Matji (012) 301 8764 / 351 1576 / 351 1033