13 March 2023
Minister Pandor to co-chair South Africa – Tanzania Ministerial Bi-National Commission
The Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Dr Naledi Pandor, will co-chair the South Africa – Tanzania Ministerial Bi-National Commission (BNC) with her Tanzanian counterpart, Dr Stergomena Tax, in Pretoria on Wednesday, 15 March 2023.
The BNC will take place ahead of the State Visit to South Africa by the President of Tanzania, HE Ms Samia Suluhu Hassan.
It is expected that the BNC will:
- Reaffirm and deepen the warm and cordial bilateral relations that exist between the two countries
- Evaluate the progress of implementation of commitments made during the inaugural session of the BNC
- Assess and evaluate the progress of all outstanding decisions and commitments as well as joint projects
- Agree on new areas of cooperation and further enhance cooperation within the framework of the BNC
- Deepen understanding of regional, multilateral, and global issues of mutual concern.
South Africa and Tanzania enjoy historical relations as well as political, economic and social relations, which were cemented during the period of the liberation struggle.
South Africa and Tanzania have similar aspirations with strong cultural and historical ties. These ties present opportunities for strengthened bilateral cooperation in many areas including trade, investment, local beneficiation, agriculture, industrialisation, energy, and mining. There are also opportunities in the value chains of commerce, agriculture, road, and rail. Through mutually beneficial investments and projects, these areas of cooperation have the potential for a constructive and concrete impact on the economies of the two countries.
The media are invited to cover the opening remarks as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2023
Venue: Conference Centre 2
RSVP: Kgopotso Rapakuana, email@example.com or 073 058 3876
ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND COOPERATION
OR Tambo Building
460 Soutpansberg Road